3.18.2009

Happy Birthday Bubba!


Five years ago today I walked into Ogden Regional Medical Center completely unaware at how much my life was about to change. I was about to become the mother of TWO! I was thinking the normal things...will I love this baby as much as I love D.J.?...Can I really handle two?...Am I ever going to get a decent nights sleep again? Things I probably should have answered nine months earlier. As I waddled in I decided I would figure those things out later, for now, I just needed this baby out...

Shortly after arriving at the hospital the nurse started the pitocin. Six short (they really did seem short) hours later the doctor barely made it into the room just in time to 'catch' Luke. I don't even remember pushing, he just came out on his own. The moment I saw him all my questions were answered...I've only held this little boy for 1 minute and would already give my own life for his!...I don't care how hard it will be to have 2 kids, I'll make it work, he is mine!...and NO, I will probably never get a decent nights sleep for the next 18 years!
The first time D.J. meet his little brother I knew they would be best friends forever. Yes, they would fight (and they do!) but I knew that when life was hard they would always be there for each other.

Luke is such a sweet, funny, and active little boy. He keeps me on my toes, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love him so much!
I hope you have an amazing birthday Bubba!

5 comments:

Jaimee said...

Happy Birthday Luke! Duncan and Dayton are so excited for his party - I'm sure you have amazing things planned as usual.

Tony and Jay Ivins said...

Happy Birthday Bubba! I hope you got your card in the mail yesterday. I hope I sent it to the right address.

FishinFamily said...

Happy Birthday Luke!! I love this post. You are such a great mom Sarah!!

Lisa said...

What a sweet post! You really are such a great mom! Happy Birthday!

Cassie said...

Hey there Sarah! Luke shares his birthday with Cory. I bet he had an awesome day. I just noticed you left a comment on my blog. I haven't looked at anyone's blog since January. My email address is candcmorgan@gmail.com. Talk to you soon.