2.26.2009

How do I love thee?

I found this video on Youtube that I wanted to share it with all of you. I've watched it over and over and have learned from it every time I listen to Elder Jeffrey R. Hollands words.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwCMY8wV-cE
It also made me sit and think about how lucky I am to have so many people in my life that love me. In particular, my amazing husband Trevor. I started making a list in my head of 'how' Trevor has shown his love to me. This is just from this week...

1) I had to go to the church for New Beginnings on Sunday and as I was loading the car I dropped all the cupcakes I was suppose to take for dessert on the front lawn. I wasn't happy, but I had to be there early to set up so I just threw them in the garbage can and left. Guess who showed up at the church 45 minutes later with new cupcakes he baked and frosted by himself?

2) He went out to lunch on Tuesday at Chili's and got our favorite boneless buffalo wings. He saved half for me and brought them home after work.

3) This week alone (and it's only Thursday morning) he has put the kids to bed 3 times without me asking him too, and without asking me for help.

4) He spoke in Sacrament meeting on Sunday and every time I looked at him on the stand he would wink at me. So sweet!

5) He has left me little notes on the mirror, written with the kids bath crayons, everyday this week.

I know what you are all thinking...Sarah doesn't deserve him! And, I'll be the first to agree. I don't know how I got so lucky. I am so grateful for him.
Yes, this is a little sappy, but I hope that someday my kids will read this and learn something from their Dad. I hope my boys learn how to treat their wives through his example, and I hope Libby learns to never settle for less than someone as amazing as her Daddy.

6 comments:

Megan said...

OMG that is so sweet!! Yes, you deserve him, you are equally amazing! What a good hubby though!

The Spigarelli Family said...

That is so...sweet of him. Isn't nice when they do something without being asked too? Trevor is so great and I know you deserve him too because you are just as sweet and nice. Don't be so hard on yourself. Love ya!!

The Ullery Family said...

I love the cupcake story. I would have cried when he walked into the church.

April said...

Wow! He sounds like an amazing guy!! I know we don't know eachother that well, but from what I remember of you, you definately deserve someone like that!

Shannon said...

How sweet is that. And you do too deserve him. You're one of the sweetest people I know.

Leda Johnson said...

Thank you for posting this link. I watched it and learned so much!!!