11.28.2010

Halloween 2010

Wow...time is flying! October & November were gone before I knew it and all of a sudden Christmas is right around the corner. I thought I better try to get updated before I get anymore behind. :)
Halloween this year was really fun. We seemed to celebrate for 3 days since Halloween was on Sunday this year. Here are a few pictures of our Halloween weekend.

D.J. and Luke wore their costumes to school on Friday and they each had a Halloween party with their class. I was a little bummed that I am not the room mom in each of their classes this year and didn't get to help with the parties. This is the first year I haven't been the room mom and I really miss it. Libby and I did get to go and see them at school for the Halloween parade. Kindergarten through 3rd grade line up in the halls and the parents come and see all the cute kids. Since D.J. is in 4th grade he was too old to participate. (talk about making me feel OLD) We did run into him in the hallway and Libby ran to him instantly. She LOVES D.J., he is one of her favorite people in the world. She kept hugging him and wouldn't leave him alone. He didn't mind though. What he did mind was me taking tons of pictures. LOL

Here is Luke in the parade. Isn't he funny! He was humiliated and hated every minute of it. He hates having people look at him, hates me embarrassing him by taking pictures, and just wanted to go back to his classroom and get candy. LOL I love my Bubba so much!

After the parade we headed over to Libby's preschool Halloween performance and carnival. Her school did such a great job with the carnival. The whole gym was decorated and there were fun booths for the kids to play at. Libby's favorite's were the bounce house, blow up slide, and the spook alley.


One of the reasons I wanted to put Libby in preschool this year was to help her come out of her shell. She is really shy around people she doesn't know and usually sticks by my side constantly. She has come such a long way in the past couple of months. I was surprised when she sat with her class and sang all the songs without even crying. She did a fabulous job!

Here are pictures of Libby eating her pizza lunch while watching Scooby Doo on the big screen, playing a game with one of her teachers Miss Mckell, playing mini golf, and riding a bike through the spook alley.

After her party we went and met Annette, Nicole, and their kids in American Fork for trick-or-treating on Main Street. She had a fun time but kept dropping her candy all over the ground. At the end of the day she was worn out as you can see from the picture. The boys went with a couple of their friends to a Halloween party at 'Adobe' were their friends Dad works. They had a blast and came home with WAY too much candy.

That night the kids had a sleepover with their cousins at Harmony's house. In the morning I took them Halloween donuts for breakfast. I mean what's better than starting Halloween morning off with a little sugar? And yes, Libby and Oakley have swimming suits on in these pictures even though it was raining outside. They LOVE wearing their suits and sneak into them constantly.
For lunch Aspen & Autumn made the kids Halloween shaped Mac & Cheese and of course we had our traditional pumpkin pizza from Papa Murphy's for dinner. It obviously wasn't a day of healthy eating for us.

We had fun decorating sugar cookies for dessert on Sunday.


It was pouring rain the night we went trick or treating. It didn't seem to slow down the kids a bit. D.J. & Luke went with their friends who had a really nice Dad that drove them around the neighborhood with the back of their van up so they could jump in and out. They had a ton of fun. I really wanted them to come with me and Libby but I have to realize they are growing up and want to do other things sometimes. :) Libbby and I went with Nick's family and luckily Libby was done after about 15 houses. It was perfect. I have no pictures since like I said, it was pouring rain and my hands were full holding umbrellas and Libby. :) Trevor stayed home and handed out candy to the trick or treaters. I feel so bad when kids go to houses where no one is home so Trevor 'sacrifed' and stayed home in the nice warm, dry house. LOL !

I'm not sure why the boys look like going trick-or-treating was going to be torture. :) I think since their mustaches were so big they didn't think they needed to smile. Or maybe they are just sick of me taking pictures of them constantly? No! They couldn't be it.
It was another fun Halloween!

2 comments:

The Spigarelli Family said...

You have so much fun with your kids. They look so cute in their costumes and they really can't be tired of you taking pictures, they aren't aloud to feel that way!! :) Love all the pics and the preschool carnival was fun wasn't it? They did a great job!

laura said...

I love all the fun things you do to make the holiday fun and memorable for each of them. Donuts, decorating cookies, trick or treating main street...you're the best mom ever!