3.06.2011

Thanksgiving 2010...better late than never!

Wow! It's been forever since I've updated this blog. I was thinking about just skipping over all the months I've missed and just start fresh but I couldn't do it. There is so much that has been going on that I couldn't just forget about it. :) I guess I'll start at Thanksgiving.
I was lucky enough to be able to help at Libby's school during their Thanksgiving feast. It was fun to see Libby at school. She has really started to love school and the friends she has there.

Here is Libby with the place mat she made in class.

Enjoying her feast!

Her favorite part of the day was making a turkey to hang on our front door at home.

This year we spent Thanksgiving with my family which meant we ate at my Grandma Ivins' house. It was wonderful as always.

I don't want to alarm anyone but I made homemade mashed potatoes for our Thanksgiving dinner. I know, it's crazy, but I didn't think that people would enjoy me bringing instant mashed potatoes. LOL I even pulled out my apron, yes I have one, and wore it while I cooked. Trevor felt like my making them was worth taking a picture. :)

The Ivins family November 2010

Of course there was a football game in the backyard.

The girls spent an hour painting each others nails after dinner. Aren't girls fun?!

Then there were important football games to watch.


And ads to be read. Alexa was amazed at all the great deals she found. LOL

During Thanksgiving break the whole Ivins family went to see 'Tangled'. Libby had been counting down the days since she saw the previews and it didn't disappoint. I loved it myself.
We watched it in 3D and the kids loved wearing the funny glasses.



There were so many of us we almost filled two whole rows. :)
Our family has so many things to be grateful for this year. I think it's interesting that the years when you have the most trials are the years you are the most grateful for later on. We do grow into stronger more faithful people during those times. Although I would be OK 'learning' a little less in 2011. LOL

2 comments:

Roberts said...

You have such an awesome family and you guys are always doing something fun.

Jaimee said...

Glad to see you're back!